I’m a day late on this, but I’m happy to announce that HippoRemote LITE 2.0 is available for download in the App Store. Like Pro, it now requires iOS 4.0 or greater.
My goal with LITE is to make it the very best free keyboard & mouse app in the App Store. Using an iPhone as a keyboard/mouse isn’t for everyone, but if it’s something you want to try, at no cost, I want HippoRemote LITE to be a no brainer. It should be the easiest to use, the best performing, the best looking — everything.
Version 2.0 is a big step towards that goal. I brought the brand new look of Pro into LITE. Designed by Adam Betts, it’s simply gorgeous. I also brought along all the trackpad usability enhancements, including thumb scrolling. Thumb scrolling may not seem like a big deal, but once you’ve used it, you’ll wish you had it everywhere.
Coupled with the existing features — multi-touch trackpad with pinch-to-zoom, international keyboard support, fast reconnect, wake-on-LAN — these new enhancements make LITE the most feature-rich app of its kind. Most competing apps don’t even give you keyboard and trackpad functionality. Just one or the other. How are neutered apps like that even usable?
LITE isn’t a neutered app. I think it’s the best free app in it’s class. Give it a try and I think you’ll agree. If you like it a lot, take a look at Pro. If not, let me know what I can do to make it better!
WHAT’S NEW & IMPROVED IN 2.0?
LOOK & FEEL:
* Total visual overhaul designed by Adam Betts.
* Better resizing of images for custom wallpapers.
* Improved Retina Display support.
SPLIT SCREEN MODE:
* Now hides the status bar to give you a little more screen space.
* Added thumb scrolling.
* Drag on trackpad button to click-and-hold, just like on a physical mouse.
* Added support for XBMC.
* Will launch Boxee or XBMC when activated.
* Improved reliability of fast reconnect.
* Bug fixes.
ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION:
* Removed in-app Twitter client.