Archive for the ‘Bugs’ Category
I’m very sorry about this, but there’s a bug in HippoRemote Pro 3.0.1 that makes the top row of buttons (keyboard, settings, and profile selection) unresponsive. This issue affects non-multitasking devices — the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G — and can happen when the app automatically reconnects to the last computer on startup.
A fix is coming very soon. In the meantime, there is a workaround — Switch away from the trackpad screen and back again. This is obviously harder to do when the main buttons are not working. If the profile you’re on has a button for Macros, tapping that and going back will work. Or, you can bring up the shake menu (by shaking your device) and tapping on Logins or Web.
Again, I apologize for missing this bug and ask for your patience as I push out the fix.
I’ve been getting reports that HippoRemote Pro is crashing on startup for some users after they updated to 3.0. I think I’ve identified the problem and have submitted a fix to Apple. With any luck, they will expedite the approval.
That said, there is a simple fix that works right now. Simply delete the app from your iPhone and download it again from the App Store.
We’ve identified a bug where HippoRemote fails to detect it’s connected to a Mac. This occurs when you’re using HippoVNC with no password. A fix is forthcoming, but for now, the workaround is to be sure to enable password authentication. This is also just a good security practice.
To assign a password, launch HippoVNC, go to its preferences, click on the Connection tab, check the button next to VNC Password, and enter a password in the password field. Be sure to restart the server when you’re done.
If you’re running HippoVNC as a system server, in the preferences, click on the System Server tab, check the button next to VNC Password, and enter a password in the password field. Here as well, be sure to restart the system server to force it to apply your changes.
Update: This bug has been fixed with HippoRemote 1.2.1 and HippoVNC 0.2.2.
If you’re on a dual monitor Windows machine, running HippoRemote 1.2 with HippoVNC 0.2.0, you may have encountered a bug where the trackpad becomes unresponsive. We’ve identified and fixed this bug, but unfortunately, the complete fix requires changes to both HippoVNC and HippoRemote.
HippoVNC 0.2.2 is already up on our web site. And an updated HippoRemote has been submitted to Apple. With any luck, they’ll approve it quickly.
In the meantime, there is a workaround! In your Windows screen settings, simply change which screen is the main display and that should resolve the trackpad issues.
We apologize for not catching this bug sooner. Hopefully it hasn’t caused any of you too much frustration.